hello from the USA

mecey

Publicaciones recomendadas

I was told it was polite to tell about my car and myself as a new forum member...so here it goes.

My name is Colin and I live in Central Oregon, USA. My car is a 2002 S6 avant. I have done some modifications here and there but nothing real crazy.

Exterior

-I have fitted a RS6 front bumper and used Vision LED as replacement fog lights.

-All turn signals have been replaced with LED.

-I purchased a set of INPRO LED taillights from germany. Very happy with the look and performance.

Interior

-I have painted all the wood grain inside to match the body color.

-All the interior lights have been switched out to white LED as well.

Audio

-I am in the process of fitting a iPad mini into the dash as a replacement source unit while keeping the symphony 2 radio intact. The faceplate is being relocated to the glovebox and the mini is mounted to the factory radio chassis. behind the mini the 6 disc unit will still operate along with the radio. I am integrating the audio with a DICE ipod adapter.

-Also in the process of fitting a 08 RS4 MFSW, The goal is to have radio controls, volume, track, source and have the display on the cluster while the mini in place of the radio is all you see.

-I own a high end mobile audio shop and once this is up and running I will be doing Audison Voce front seperates, Hertz HDP5 amplifier, and a Audison Voce 10' subwoofer.

All this will be pushed through a Audison Bit One.

Suspension/drivetrain

-Airlift retrofitted front and rear air struts.

-Accuair E-Level air management

-upgraded to slotted brake discs

Wheels

-I am what you would call a wheel "whore". I have had avus wheels, BBS...twice, Rotiform Blq and NUE, OEM a4 sport, A8 monoblocks, Zone three piece 19x10 front/rear, and now VMR for winter wheels... probably forgetting a few. All this and only have owned the car for a year and a half. I think I have a problem.

Thats all for now...

Thanks

On a side note if anyone has done a MFSW swap and could lend some pointers that would be much appreciated. I believe I have the list of need can components but just stumbled upon another mfsw controller that may be the one I need...

to the pics...

http://img1447pz.jpg

http://img1252xg.jpg

http://img1448z.jpg

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

As we say here in Spain: IM-PRE-SI-O-NAN-TE (impressive)

One question...how much cost the new suspension?:

Enlace al comentario

As we say here in Spain: IM-PRE-SI-O-NAN-TE (impressive)

One question...how much cost the new suspension?:

The struts were about 1500usd and the management/install parts were about 2500usd. Being I did the stainless hardlines the total was a bit more than it could have been. You can do a more basic setup, not self leveling, for a bit cheaper. I wanted to keep the performance of a S model car so I went with the best I could.

Enlace al comentario

Hey there,

Nice ride you 'wheel whore' (I liked that one). You've done a realy nice job customizing your car. Congratulations, and welcome to our forum :clap1:.

Tell mi something about the law in US: is it right they allow you to do pretty much everything you like to your car? Here in Spain we have some absurd restrictions, so absurd that it makes my feel like a slave (I have to live and respect some rules that I don't like and can't do enything to change it :cry2:).

Audi is not the most popular auto brand in US, isn't it? Well you must be feeling pretty special than :busted_cop:.

Hope to hearing more from you mate! Take care! :thumbsup:

Enlace al comentario

Hey there,

Nice ride you 'wheel whore' (I liked that one). You've done a realy nice job customizing your car. Congratulations, and welcome to our forum :clap1:.

Tell mi something about the law in US: is it right they allow you to do pretty much everything you like to your car? Here in Spain we have some absurd restrictions, so absurd that it makes my feel like a slave (I have to live and respect some rules that I don't like and can't do enything to change it :cry2:).

Audi is not the most popular auto brand in US, isn't it? Well you must be feeling pretty special than :busted_cop:.

Hope to hearing more from you mate! Take care! :thumbsup:

Pretty much have full reign when customizing. There are height restrictions, lowering and lifting. But not really enforced where I live.

Enlace al comentario

Hi Mecey.

Very nice car. For sure you have a problem, as a lot of members of this forum, always triyng to improve their car.

Concerning your MFSW I think you should try to send an mp to forum's member "wizard1000", he has helped other members when adapting a modern steering wheel to ours A6 4B.

Enlace al comentario

Hi Mecey.

Very nice car. For sure you have a problem, as a lot of members of this forum, always triyng to improve their car.

Concerning your MFSW I think you should try to send an mp to forum's member "wizard1000", he has helped other members when adapting a modern steering wheel to ours A6 4B.

Ill do that. Thank you very much.

Enlace al comentario

Wellcome to ASI.

Nice to meet you.

I hope that you will be here for a long time.

Excelent car do you drive, congratulations.

A greeting from Pontevedra, Spain.

I hope to will see you here for much much times.

Editado por RomuloTDI
Enlace al comentario

Welcome to the best Audi forum on internet ! You have a great car, all the mod's that you have make I'd like to do it on my A4, except that is a diesel engine :claugh: ...

Anyway, hope you will find here anything you will need in a certain moment, and if you don't, we are here to gladely help you, as much as we can !

Greetings from Romania !

All the best ! :thumbsup:

Enlace al comentario

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.