TT 3.2 V6 DSG con 400cv

jeTT

Publicaciones recomendadas

c***! otro record absoluto! :angry:

:huh::ph34r: :cry1: !!! you are Bad boy kazerdo!!! :lol:

Os pego un mail de la pregunta/respuesta q le hace sobre la question de la carga soporta del DSG:

The DSG as such is only limited by the programming, such as if the input shaft sees more than a certain amount of torque (350 Nm, or ~ 258 lb-ft) it tells the ECU to dial down on the engine power.

HPA has created turbo kits for VW's official factory cars to put a lot of stress on the DSG and testing was very positive (not one DSG broke with the 400-HP kit!)

In follow up to this thread concerning power upgrades for the 3.2 TT with DSG, I had sent an email to Marcel Horn at HPA motorsport to enquire about the possibility of a turbo kit for the DSG.

Well, the answer is YES!!!

And to let you enjoy his answers as I did, here's a copy of the email I sent him with his responses in-line:

Hi Marcel,

I've been informed by Steve Cherry that your company has been working on a 400-HP turbo kit for the 3.2 engine in the TT with DSG transmission.

I'm very interested in the kit, as I own a 3.2 TT myself, and have a few questions:

1. Is the DSG transmission in the TT 3.2 rated at 350 or 450 Nm? The specs mention that it's the "DQ-350" (based on the MQ-350), which is rated at only 350 Nm (258 lb-ft). However I've heard a rumor that it might actually be the "DQ-450", which is rated at 450 Nm (332 lb-ft).

The DSG is "officially" rated at 350Nm, but this is the same "official " rating that our 6 speed manual boxes have.

2. Is this "rating" only enforced by the transmission's ECU (aka TCM), so that it does not allow the input shaft of presenting more torque than the rated limit (be it 350 or 450 Nm)?

This Rating is enforced by the ECM and TCM as a conservative limiter to offer a guaranteed LONG life scenario for the tranny.

3. Have you managed to re-program the TCM in order to remove the software limit on torque?

Yes.

4. What is the "weakest link" of the DSG, clutches/gears/etc?

The only limiting factor we officially have with the DSG is that we can not currently lengthen the gears to offer a higher TOP SPEED.

5. Have you tested the physical torque limits of the DSG (and if so, over an extended period of time?) to determine how much actual torque the clutches or weakest link can take?

AT VW's official request, we have built the factory a few single turbo equipped DSG Golf's. VW themselves have used our kits to stress test their DSG. Over 6000miles on the Euro proving grounds have been logged at FULL THROTTLE, 5500RPM launches with no glimmer of difficulties. These cars are FT400smic trim.

6. Finally, if you managed to re-program the TCM, have you found where the Launch Control code resides? As you must know, the LC programming was removed for US-based TT's and I'm trying to find a way to re-enable it.

We have ENABLED and manipulated the Launch control. You can now launch at 5500RPM in all our DSG cars.

Thanks in advance for all your answers!

Marc, this DSG set-up is so impressive and such an engineering marvel, that we will work this summer to convert our shop cars to DSG, even for the Twin turbo's. With one clutch handling one set of gears and the second clutch the other, we are able to manipulate the oil pressure to generate the grip force required to launch the highest horse power cars. We have a DSG specific kit, with software on the shelf ready for some LUCKY owner. Once installed, a 360 Modena doesn't stand a snow balls chance in Hell!!!!

I must be careful in reference of divulging the exact degree of testing that we have co-operatively performed with VW on the DSG, but hope to convey the sheer excitement I feel towards this set-up. The first run in the car and you will never think standard again!

saludos

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

Esta muy muy wapo pero hay dos cosas que no me encajan...

En el apartado de amotiguacion, se dice que esta es una SHS bajada 15 mm y yo en la foto veo que es KW variante 2 regulable en altura y dureza, lo digo porque son los mismos que los mios. Si son estos, que creo que lo son... la altura minima de rebaje son 30 mm delante... con lo cual ;)

Saludos

post-12-1113420867.jpg

Editado por Mr.Otero
Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

• 2 semanas más tarde...

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.