Mañana DTM Zandoort - Holanda

auroraboreal

Publicaciones recomendadas

Mattias Ekström un punto por delante de Gary Paffet. Los dos han demostrado que tiene muchas ganas de ganar.

El año pasado ganó Mattias en esta misma pista, lo que hará que salga con la moral alta, pero Paffet no se va a rendir asi como asi.

Creo que la de mañana va a ser una carrera digna de ver…(que espero que gane Audi con Mattias de piloto :p )

A ver que tal :wub:

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

Habrá que esperar un poquito para ver la carrera :

Estreno:

Jueves 01 de septiembre de 2005, 22:45h. Canal + Deporte 2

Viernes 02 de septiembre de 2005, 18:30h. Sportmanía

Viernes 23 de septiembre de 2005, 13:45h. Sportmanía

Multidifusiones:

Sábado 03 de septiembre de 2005, 05:00h. Canal + Deporte 2

Domingo 04 de septiembre de 2005, 17:00h. Canal + Deporte 2

Lunes 05 de septiembre de 2005, 10:30h. Sportmanía

Viernes 09 de septiembre de 2005, 13:45h. Sportmanía

Lunes 12 de septiembre de 2005, 12:00h. Sportmanía

Lunes 26 de septiembre de 2005, 05:00h. Sportmanía

Lunes 26 de septiembre de 2005, 12:00h. Sportmanía

Jueves 29 de septiembre de 2005, 17:00h. Sportmanía

Enlace al comentario

Habrá que esperar un poquito para ver la carrera :

Estreno:

Jueves 01 de septiembre de 2005, 22:45h. Canal + Deporte 2

Viernes 02 de septiembre de 2005, 18:30h. Sportmanía

Viernes 23 de septiembre de 2005, 13:45h. Sportmanía

Multidifusiones:

Sábado 03 de septiembre de 2005, 05:00h. Canal + Deporte 2

Domingo 04 de septiembre de 2005, 17:00h. Canal + Deporte 2

Lunes 05 de septiembre de 2005, 10:30h. Sportmanía

Viernes 09 de septiembre de 2005, 13:45h. Sportmanía

Lunes 12 de septiembre de 2005, 12:00h. Sportmanía

Lunes 26 de septiembre de 2005, 05:00h. Sportmanía

Lunes 26 de septiembre de 2005, 12:00h. Sportmanía

Jueves 29 de septiembre de 2005, 17:00h. Sportmanía

Pues yo ya la he visto ;)

Enlace al comentario

Two best times for last year’s winner Audi marked the start to the DTM event at Zandvoort, the Netherlands. In the first test on Friday morning, title defender Mattias Ekström in the Audi A4 DTM entered by Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline drove the fastest time, which was not equalled by anyone else in the second session either. In the afternoon, at slightly higher temperatures and different grip conditions, Ekström’s team-mate, Tom Kristensen, was the front runner. Altogether, the seven-time winner of Le Mans clocked the second-best time of the day. Presenting themselves in top form yet again were last year’s Audi A4 cars of Audi Sport Team Joest: DTM rookie Frank Stippler shone with third place in the morning. In the afternoon, Christian Abt – finishing sixth – was the best driver of a car from last year.

Once more it was obvious how extremely tight the DTM field is: in the afternoon, the quickest twelve came within half a second of each other on the demanding circuit in the dunes along the North Sea coast. The qualifying session on Saturday (broadcast live on ARD starting at 2 p.m. local time) therefore promises to be particularly thrilling.

Quotes after Friday’s tests

Mattias Ekström (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline #1)

1st place / 4th place, 1m 34.464s

"It was a good day. We tested some things which seemed to work quite well. I’m really looking forward to tomorrow when qualifying comes and we’ll see how quick we can really be here."

Tom Kristensen (Audi Sport Team Abt #5)

4th place / 1st place, 1m 34.539s

"Friday we tried more different things on our A4 than usual. Zandvoort is a special track. To be happy everywhere on this circuit is a hard job. There is still some more work to be done. I’m happy to be fastest again like last year. But, this time, I wan to do the whole weekend better than last year.”

Christian Abt (Audi Sport Team Joest Racing #14)

6th place / 6th place, 1m 34.749s

"The track is constantly changing because of the sand. That’s normal at Zandvoort.

It was a bit annoying that there was water running across the track in the Tarzan corner during my fast lap in the afternoon. That caused me to lose a lot of time. But I’m looking forward to tomorrow because the car is running really well.”

Frank Stippler (Audi Sport Team Joest #19)

3rd place / 10th place, 1m 34.821s

"Things were going well today. I was among the top ten in both tests despite the fact that, unfortunately, Jamie Green, after returning from an excursion into the gravel, had put some dirt on the track before my fast lap. Today, I would have made it into the Super pole, perhaps we’ll be able to ‘nibble’ on the top ten tomorrow as well. But in the DTM you never know...”

Martin Tomczyk (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline #2)

19th place / 12th place, 1m 35.026s

"In the first test I had some problems. The second test started well after we had made a lot of changes on the car. Later, we tried something else that didn’t work out as well as it should have. At least we now know what set-up we’re going to use tomorrow. And I know exactly where I can grab a few more tenths. That’s why I think we’re well sorted for the qualifying.”

Allan McNish (Audi Sport Team Abt #6)

5th place / 17th place, 1m 35.241s

"The circuit is very good, very fast and flowing, and it’s got a lot of character. It’s quite technical, as well, from a driver’s, but definitely from the car’s point of view. Today, we struggled mainly with the rear. There was too much oversteer. That’s what we have to think about tonight.”

Pierre Kaffer (Audi Sport Team Joest Racing #15)

16th place / 18th place, 1m 35.406s

"Even though the result is similar as in the last few races, I’m quite satisfied. I know that I could have run quite a bit faster. Unfortunately, I spun on new tyres in my fast lap. But the potential is there, that’s why I’m optimistic for tomorrow.”

Rinaldo Capello (Audi Sport Team Joest #18)

7th place / 19th place, 1m 35.456s

"This morning, I was very happy with the car. Then, in the second session, it felt much more nervous than in the morning. With new tyres, I had too much understeer. And then there was suddenly water in corner 3. I’m still learning the track, which is really very nice. It reminds of some of the circuits in America.”

Hans-Jürgen Abt (Team Director Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): "As always on Friday, we collected a lot of data. We saw that we’re among the front runners. Yet we also saw that the field, again, is very tight. Now, we have to make the best of it – this is a track where tenths count.”

Ralf Jüttner (Technical Director Audi Sport Team Joest): "We completed our entire programme for today. We found a very good set-up, which suits all four of our drivers very well. Frank and Christian are very close to the top. If you see how tight the field is, anything’s possible tomorrow – even with our cars from last year.”

Dr Wolfgang Ullrich (Head of Audi Motorsport): "Everyone knows that the order on Friday is not important. What counts is that we have completed a good programme with all of our cars and should therefore be prepared pretty well for Saturday. Because of the rising temperatures, grip conditions did change quite a bit during the course of the day. We need to take our time analysing the data in order to be able to evaluate it as well.”

Title defender Mattias Ekström will start to the DTM race at Zandvoort (the Netherlands) this Sunday from third row as the best Audi driver. The Swede from Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline took seventh place in the turbulent qualifying. In the subsequent single timed lap ("Super pole") the Swede improved to fifth place on the grid, although he was one of the first drivers to go out on the track which kept getting faster as the session went on.

Altogether, five Audi drivers managed to make it into the top ten, delivering a strong team performance that was not rewarded, though, in the Super pole. After Audi had been at the top of the field in all free practice sessions, Tom Kristensen, clocking 1m 32.968s in the qualifying session, drove the fastest lap ever to have been achieved by a DTM car at Zandvoort. In the Super pole, as well, the Le Mans record winner was heading for the best time, running as the quickest driver by far in the first sector, but then had to settle for tenth place on the grid after making mistakes in the second sector.

Allan McNish claiming seventh place on the grid equalled his best DTM qualifying result so far. Christian Abt and – for the first time – Frank Stippler, as well, were two drivers from Audi Sport Team Joest qualifying for the Super pole with their cars from last year, thus having a good starting position for the race on Sunday which is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. (local time). ARD will start to broadcast live from Zandvoort at 1.45 p.m. (local time). Martin Tomczyk, Rinaldo Capello and Pierre Kaffer will start from positions 15, 16 and 18 respectively.

Quotes after qualifying

5th place Super pole, 1m 33.277s

"Of course I would have preferred seeing Tom (Kristensen) and myself starting from the very front. But it didn’t work out that way – and that’s why tomorrow will be a tough day for me. It’s difficult to win a race starting from fifth place, especially here at Zandvoort. But it has happened before, at Brno. We’re going to fight hard to make it happen again."

7th place Super pole, 1m 33.404s

"I really like this circuit and, what’s more, we improved the car some more overnight. That’s why I was able for the first time to use my Audi A4 DTM’s full potential in the qualifying. My Super pole was good but I had the feeling that, later, the track kept getting better. That was a shame because it meant all the pressure was on Tom’s (Kristensen) shoulders, which, unfortunately, didn’t work out. Well whatever: tomorrow, we’re going to give everything.”

8th place Super pole, 1m 33.636s

"I was satisfied with the qualifying. Too bad that the yellow flags weren’t used properly, otherwise my turn to go out for the Super pole would have come later – and that’s when the track was apparently faster. Eighth, though, is a position from which you can certainly grab points. What’s more, my main rivals – Häkkinen and Alesi – are behind me and that’s why I want to use the opportunity to stabilise my position in the DTM standings."

9th place Super pole, 1m 34.132s

"I was the track sweeper because when I went out for the Super pole as the first driver I slipped in places where I hadn’t on new tyres in the practice sessions. Considering these conditions, my lap was good. Generally speaking, I’m satisfied with ninth place, because that was another nice improvement."

10th place Super pole, 1m 34.244s

"I’m terribly disappointed. It goes without saying that after achieving best times in almost all the practice sessions I wanted to do better than merely tenth place. In the first sector I was still heading for a best time, but in turn six the car got out of control – that made me lose too much time. I’d simply been wanting to claim pole for Audi at all cost.”

15th place, 1m 33.874s

"I was too slow. I’m really beginning to wonder: after all, in the past few years I used to make it into practically every Super pole. Something’s just not right that should be. Unfortunately, I don’t know what it is. But there’s no such thing as giving up, because tomorrow is another day.”

16th place, 1m 34.145s

"In the free practice session I wasn’t satisfied with the car. In the qualifying it was better but in the S-turn I kept losing lots of time with my tyres spinning. With the exception of this, my laps were pretty good, and the rest of it we’ll have to work on by tomorrow.”

18th place, 1m 34.180s

"This morning things were going pretty well, that’s why I went into the qualifying with optimism. I don’t know what kind of problem we’re having now. My goal had been to be further towards the front than 18th place on the grid. Yet I’m not going to give up because I know we’ve got a good set-up for the race. In other words: tomorrow, I’m going to give everything to make the best of the situation.”

Hans-Jürgen Abt (Team Director Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): "Today we were able to see yet again that the Super pole has its own rules. I’m a bit disappointed, but Tom (Kristensen) risked a lot and made a mistake doing it. But these things happen, let’s face it, a similar thing happened to Gary (Paffett) as well. Now, we’ll have to fight tomorrow. And we’ve often proved that we’re capable of that.”

Ralf Jüttner (Technical Director Audi Sport Team Joest): "We had two cars in the Super pole. That’s good. Too bad that our other two drivers didn’t make it into the top ten. But there was a lot of trouble with the yellow phase which wasn’t shown on the monitors although the marshals were waving flags. We’re in a good position for tomorrow. I just hope we’ll get rid of that curse that seems to keep us from scoring points whenever we’re in the Super pole.”

Dr Wolfgang Ullrich (Head of Audi Motorsport): "It’s good that we had five cars in the top ten. Nevertheless, we ended up with our worst qualifying result this year. That’s disappointing. Tom (Kristensen) was on a really fast lap but, unfortunately, wasn’t able to finish it all that well. Now we’ll have to make the best of this situation tomorrow.”

Enlace al comentario

Carrera buena. Muchos puestos muy luchados. Bien reñida.

Posiciones de salida.

1º Audi 4º.

Carrera. Esta vez 2º.

Title fight in the DTM remains thrilling

- Audi drivers shine, pushing to make up ground

- Audi expands lead in manufacturers’ standings

The fight for the title in Europe’s most popular touring car series remains thrilling: even after the eighth DTM round at Zandvoort, the Netherlands, the two most promising candidates for the title continue to be separated by merely one point. After Audi driver Mattias Ekström had captured the lead with his victory at the Nürburgring, he is now ranking behind Zandvoort winner Gary Paffet again with a very small gap. In the manufacturers’ standings, Audi managed to further expand its advantage over Mercedes.

After a less than perfect qualifying practice, the Audi drivers displayed their fighting spirit by pushing hard to make up ground. From fifth place on the grid, Mattias Ekström improved to third as early as in the starting phase. Shortly before the second half of the race, he got closer and closer to Gary Paffett until his Audi A4 DTM lost the front left flics after slightly touching Christian Abt’s car. Despite the loss in aerodynamic balance, the reigning DTM champion stayed the course to finish in second place.

Le Mans record winner Tom Kristensen finished fourth to consolidate his third place in the standings despite having started from fifth row and struggling with an A4 DTM that had suffered severe front end damage as well. The Dane particularly thrilled the 77,000 spectators with a spectacular overtaking manoeuvre in the penultimate corner, pushing past Marcel Fässler (Opel).

Martin Tomczyk, as well, almost beat the Swiss driver to the photo finish at the finish line. Having started from position 15, the Bavarian was ultimately lacking merely 247 thousandths of a second for fifth place.

Another remarkable feat of making up ground was performed by Pierre Kaffer: from 18th place on the grid, he pushed forward to eleventh in his 2004-spec A4 entered by Audi Sport Team Joest to ultimately finish directly behind his team-mate, Christian Abt, who was handicapped by a bout of flu and whose car had suffered severe damage in a starting collision. Rinaldo Capello and Frank Stippler were knocked off the track by competitors and – like Allan McNish - had to retire.

Quotes after the race

2nd place, + 12.015s

"I had a good start and was able to overtake Marcel Fässler and Gary Paffett. The car felt quick, and the pit stops were super as well. After contact with Christian’s car, though, I lost the small front left flics. From then on, I was no longer able to follow Gary. The championship remains thrilling. I’m sure that this year the decision won’t come until the finale at Hockenheim.”

4th place, + 20.042s

"After the whole weekend – except for the Super pole – had gone really well, I was looking forward to the race. On the first laps, Frank and Allan helped me move forward. My thanks to them for that. The pit stops, as well, were super. The fight with Marcel (Fässler) was very good, but I damaged my car. Apart from severe understeer there were vibrations as well. Later in the race, I fought with Marcel again, yet the quickest in our trio was Martin, who was right behind me. Because he didn’t attack me, I was able to pass Fässler in the last but one corner. It’s a particularly good feeling to make up a position so close to the finish line.”

6th place, + 21.120s

"Our strategy was good, the pit stops, too, and I’m satisfied with my performance. Regarding the fight with Tom (Kristensen) and Marcel Fässler: I was quicker but ‘like a good boy’, stayed behind Tom.”

10th place, + 37.719s

"As late as in the warm-up things had really been looking well, but in the race the tyres didn’t work one hundred percent. That probably had to do with a collision after the start, which caused something on the rear axle to get bent. Each set of tyres lasted about six laps, then the times dropped. In the end, I felt my case of flu as well. I felt completely weak. I’m sorry about touching Mattias’ car – I didn’t see him and had no radio warning either.”

11th place, + 39.113s

"As in the past few races my performance was good, now we need to finally do well in the qualifying too. Grid positions are extremely important in the DTM. The first lap went well, I was able to overtake several competitors straight away. I then caught Christian but I had so much understeer that I wasn’t able to attack.”

15th place, - 6 laps

"Jamie (Green) didn’t get away at the start. I evaded him but was hit in the side. That damaged my aerodynamics as well as the steering, so I had to pit early. Later, there was an incident with Mika (Häkkinen), I made room for him – but he, unfortunately, didn’t for me and that caused me to have a flat. To top it off, there were problems with the brakes because a plastic bag had clogged the radiator. Too bad: this was an awful race after a good qualifying.”

Retired (collision)

"After the warm-up we completely changed the set-up. And guess what: my Audi A4 DTM was running like a charm in the race. We had fixed the problem with understeer and my lap times – especially when I was alone on the track – were alright. I’m sure that a seasoned driver like Bernd (Schneider) didn’t knock me out intentionally when I was defending my position against him. Now I’m looking forward to the race at the EuroSpeedway.”

Retired (collision)

"After 200 meters my aerodynamic balance was gone due to a few contacts with other cars, and my car didn’t handle as well anymore as it had in the practice sessions. During the pit stop we had to remove a few damaged parts, and that cost time as well as rhythm. Then I got stuck behind Manuel Reuter, ruined my tyre and was hit hard by Laurent Aiello. That was the end of my race.”

Hans-Jürgen Abt (Team Director Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): "Of course we’d rather have won. But we can be satisfied with this team result. We made the best of our grid positions. Yet one has to admit that today it would have been very difficult to win the race against Gary Paffet – because his performance was very good. Nevertheless, we expanded our lead in the manufacturers’ standings. And the one point in the drivers’ championship, we’re going to re-capture as well.”

Ralf Jüttner (Technical Director Audi Sport Team Joest): "Alright, it’s still the same situation: whenever we make it into the Super Pole, we just don’t score any points, although things started out quite well with Christian. But with each set, the performance of his tyres was gone after a short time. Pierre handled his situation pretty well, particularly considering the position from which he started. Frank and ‘Dindo’ were spun, and the guys that did it received a drive-through penalty for this. From then on, their races were finished as well.”

Dr Wolfgang Ullrich (Head of Audi Motorsport): "On the whole this was a good team performance. That Mattias would be competing with Gary Paffett for victory in this race, nobody would have thought after the qualifying. It shows how tight the DTM field is. In the last third of the race Mattias wasn’t able to keep pushing because he had lost the flics after a collision with Christian. He had to limit himself to bringing home the car without ruining his tyres. The championship remains thrilling, it’s always one point moving back and forth. For the spectators, this is the greatest situation in motorsport.”

035__scaled_600.jpg

¡¡Subió Frentzen al cajón!!

Editado por Xingular
Enlace al comentario

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.