Documentos de Referencia

Robo BeasTT

Publicaciones recomendadas

Pues ya q lo mencionas, hace un par de semanas estuve preguntando a S.Schwing ( para los mas profanos, digamos q es el "maestro supremo" de las modificaciones)conocido como alias TTSchwing, sobre el filtro.....llamado TTDA..... q el fabrica y vende y q por lo visto da muy buenos resultatdos.

Veo si te pongo alguna foto, aunque si haces una busqueda en Audiworld,com con la funcion "search" , seguro q habra un monton de posts con fotos. Y esto fue lo q me contesto :

Hello JC....Here's some info on the TTDA. I just checked on shipping to Spain as I have one going there next week.

The total cost would be $285 US including Shipping, Insurance, and Paypal fees. I have enough parts on hand at the moment to build a few. I will being making some more carbon fiber tubes this weekend, so you could select your color/finish. I have black matte and red completed that could be shipped as soon as Monday. I do these in my spare time. Let me know if you have some interest. I generally handle all transactions through Paypal.

Cordially,

Steve

TTDA Airbox construction details:

Tube: Non-Brittle Phenolic Microseam 7.51 ID x 8 inches long

Insulation: Fiber Tech 3/8" insulation with aluminum skin for reflective and absorptive heat handling

Filter: K&N Inverted cone #RR-3003 w/polished cap, New with warranty card

Lamination: Carbon fiber or carbon/kevlar weave. Laminated with Epoxy then Dupont clear coated.

Stainless Version: T-304 Brushed stainless wrap. 26 gauge

Endcaps: 3/8 inch ply with Black carbon lamination

Edging: Vinyl with aluminum reinforcement

Intakes: (2) Spun aluminum, 2.5" OD, or custom to your spec.

Clamp: Stainless

Cold Start Filter: Foam, slip on

"No Tools" disassembly for filter cleaning

Construction and color pictures here: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_other_intak/

Price: $250 in your choice of Black Carbon (gloss or matte finish), Moro Blue, Desert green or Red Carbon/Kevlar (Gloss only), OR brushed stainless verion (T-304, 26 gauge, #4 brushed finish)

Color swatches here: http://www.uscomposites.com/hybrids.html (note: colors darker when epoxied)

Note: Since these are individually made, custom modifications can be incorporated

Includes paypal and shipping within the continental US, Add $40 for shipping to the UK, $15 To Canada.

Other quotes on request.

Includes filter sock for the cold start breather line

Does not include feed lines (see links below for sources)

Specify 180 OR 225. 180 version will include silicone adapter sleeve.

First Dyno reviews from Phill in the UK at a recent AMD "Rolling Road" day:

After: Hi Steve, first I hope that you and your family and friends are safe and sound after the terrible storms .

We had a rolling road shoot out at AMD today as you said the car is getting better and better the BHP was 272 and the torque 297lbs-ft , a lot of people were very inpressed and we had a hot day 30c , so many thanks again and might be some new orders on the way ?

Best reguards,

Phill

Before: Hi Steve, my numbers before were 264 bhp 291 lbsft also fitted FMIC after these , but the really good part was I was run later in the day when it was hotter the early runners were not bad but the figures started dropping off as the day went on but not mine !!

Cheers mate,

Phill

Performance Testimonial from Carlos in Puerto Rico:

1/4 ET ---- 14.057

1/4 MPH --- 94.56

I'm sure that my car run in the 13's because when I did the run the gas tank was full(93 octane), that means too much weight, and my DV fluttering a bit. The TTDA make a huge difference. Before the TTDA I did 14.6. Thanks Steve for a great product. Yess...

Late 02 TT225 Quattro Lake Silver Coupe...

Mods for now are: APR 93Octane Chip, ECS Race N75, Hyperboost Adjustable DV, SAMCO Intake Hose and Upper Turbo Hoses, O.CT FMIC, TTSchwing TTDA, Forge Super High Flow Exhaust,

Set-up for OEM 225 car :

You won't be able to take full advantage of the design without having an FMIC and running feeds into the free'd up grill area, but you will see advantages in less heat soak, and a less restrictive intake. You may remove the plastic MAF vanes with this filter as it appears to supply a very clean flow of air to the MAF element. I currently have my vanes out. This will make a big difference (See the Autospeed article on Negative Boost http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0629 ) The filter end will fit directly on the MAF housing. Lubricate a little as it is a tight squeeze. The filter is sized so that no other support should be necessary. It will nestle right into the OEM airbox area. Run a short hose to the fender opening from the top flange. Feed through 6-8 inches or so. Route the bottom into the area behind the headlight. This will at least get you a little fresh air in there. I use 2.5 inch neoprene hose. Expensive, but better and more flexible than most. This can be sourced in bulk at http://www.racerpartswholesale.com (10 ft lengths only) , http://www.pegasusautoracing.com (6 foot lengths), or by the foot at http://www.aircraftspruce.com (Best deal $42 for 10 feet) You'll need 6 feet for a full feed system, 3 feet for the quick install method.

FMIC (or 180) car:

This is the best set-up but requires cutting a little metal if you want to get the dual pressure feeds up to the box. If you can settle for one pressure feed, no cuts are necessary. See Pic here: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_...ocut_feeds.html . Here's Ryans write-up on this: http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/963116.phtml My Fotki pics show all these pretty clearly, so I won't go into a lot of detail. http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_other_intak/ More feed detail in this album: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_...eding_the_ttda/ One hose up the fender liner side, and one up under the headlight. You can get the hose through here with the front end on. You may have to remove the battery box depending on how dexterous you are! Both end in some sort of collector in the lower grill. Mines a home-made, but commercial inlets are available. Paolo's 180 install write-up here:

http://forums.westcoasttt.com/messageview....0&messid=146074

Note on early 2001 cars and earlier with Xenons: The Xenon ballasts on earlier cars are attached to the chassis under the lights, rather than on the actual light fixtures themselves. Because of this it may be impossible to route the headlight hose without removing the front end and headlight. The ballast needs to be relocated to allow for hose clearance.

Install album of various pics from TTDA users:

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_..._installs_from/

Additional Install Notes:

Depending on how you intend to install the air box, here are some tips, links and notes to help you along:

Stock 225 (easy install method):

1) remove the stock box

2) lubricate the filter flange and clamp on to the MAF. Orientation of the box should be with the seam down and the intake ports at about a 60 degree angle

3) Hose routing can be simple but you won't get the Ram air effect. You will get better flow and heat control though. Jeff Bipes installed his this way and pics and details were posted here: http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/887991.phtml

He used a relatively thick hose that does not look too flexible. I would highly recommend going with the high quality Neoprene as seen in my installs. Very flexible and should eliminate trimming sheet metal at the snorkle exit area.

This stuff can be sourced at http://www.pegasusautoracing.com 2 1/2 inch part # 3620-2.50-6 foot for$34. Or http://www.aircraftspruce.com PN #05-29810 $4.10/ft. 6 feet will let you do even the more involved install later if you choose and it can be screwed together to lengthen cut pieces.

4) Route 1 hose through the snorkle hole to get some fresh air, and tuck the other down behind the headlight.

5) Place the black foam sock over the cold air inlet tube you removed from the airbox side and zip tie out of the way.

225, 180 or VW with front feeds:

1) Mount as above (180 or VW applications will have a silicone hose spacer in the filter end to match up to the 2 3/4 inch MAF)

2) Most of the pics for this have been pretty well documented here: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_...shack_3_mark_2/

The only tricky part is cutting a little sheet metal to the left of the fender liner screw hole as seen here: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cai_and_...2/dscf0145.html

This is easily done with tin snips and then dressed up a bit with a dremel or die grinder. Cut until you can fit the hose in there without interfering with the fender liner when re-installed.

The feed horns are simple parts available at Home Depot. The angle bracket shown holding the assembly to the car is from the garage door dept. (Track bracket). It's slotted and sized perfectly for this. There's even a threaded stud on the car to mount it too! You can also use the stock IC Bracket that used to mount there for support. Commercial air inlet ducts probably will not work here as there is VERY little room between the inlets and where the hose has to go 90 degrees to head up to the box. None will fit according to my measurements.

Cleaning

I've noticed that if you use front mounted feeds, a lot of stuff is sucked up into the box and the inverted part of the cone gets dirty fast. I'd clean every 3,000 miles under these circumstances.

Non force fed, you're probably good for 10-15K or so. K&N's actually work a little better with some miles on them

To remove filter, take the box out of the car, remove the vinyl edging from the filter side and the whole endcap with filter attached can be removed. Follow the K&N procedures fro cleaning, Lightly oil, and re-assemble.

That's pretty much it! Go out and drive and let me know what you think. The car will need a little time to adapt to the different flow characteristics. The box is also quiet. You may consider removing the plastic vanes in the MAF housing also as this is a big restriction in the inlet system. Read this article to find out more: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0629

Let me know how they work for you! Questions, I can be reached most anytime at (252) 327-7737

Espero q te haya ayudado!!! :rolleyes: Por lo q a mi respecta, me gustaria comprar uno de estos filrtos , aunque sea solo para probarlo. Ahora el precio... :p

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

JeTT .. eres un cachondo tio !!!! ADIVINA PARA QUIEN ERA EL TTDA PARA ESPANIA !!! si yo hubiera sabido que querias uno lo hubiera pedido junto con el mio!!! aprovechando que estoy en Mexico adivina quien pidio uno desde Madrid :D !!!

Me llego el TTDA la semana pasada , pero eso si , viene sin las mangueras de neopreno...

El acabdo de la caja es excepcional y voy a pedir de favor a ssgti que me haga una instalacion de primera puesto que parece ser que este sistema de admision si que funciona de verdad... no como el resto...estoy pensando poner al comienzo de la toma de aire un embudo adaptado al tubo de 2.5" para tener mejor volumen de aspiracion hacia el tubo

Espero que pueda estar listo para la KDD del 31 para poderlo mostrar :D ... tambien sacare tiempos y cifras con el Gtech antes y despues para calcular mejoras :D

Es lo bueno de venir a vacacionar a Mexico !!! jajaja....

PSQ: Si quieres sonido cualquier sistema de admision directa te va a dar mucho ruido y aunque suen excepcional perderas potencia casi segro.. el mejor sistema que yo conozca hasta ahora para un TT es el artesanal TTDA y despues tiene muy buenas referencias el BMC Carbon Airbox... yo llevaba antes un sistema de induccion Green Twister y aunque sonara cojonudo mucho me temo que no aislaba lo suficiente el aire que entraba al motor por lo que las temperaturas serian bastante elevadas.... pero eso si de sonar sonaba que te cagas :D!!! Para prestaciones te aconsejo dejes la cjaa original con el filtro K&N de sustitucion... si puedes meter un BMC Airbox mejor y mejor que mejor un TTDA...en fin estas son mis opiniones al respecto...

Paso tambien un tip para refrigerar tu FMIC de una manera practicamente gratis.... el tip es sencillo.. meter una conexion "T" en el tubo que va del deposito de agua hacia los limpias... metes en cada salida de la T una llave de paso abierto-cerrado dependiendo si quieres utilizar los limpias o solo los sprayers para el IC... una de las conexiones de la T va como dije a los limpias y la otra va hacia el intercooler frontal y/o laterales... se divide a su vez mediante otra T en dos ... prolongandose dos tubos y terminando cada tubo en un sprayer o sprinkler que se coloque apuntando hacia el intercoler... Asi al accionar los limpias lo que sucede es que los sprayers irradian agua sobre el IC ayudandolo a refrigerar....es mejor poner un poco de alcohol en el deposito del agua de los limpias para ayudar al enfriamiento.. ademas que previene la congelacion del agua...

Las conexiones T , las llaves de paso abierto-cerrado y los sprayers deben de ser en una media aprox. de 1/4 de pulgada o 1/8 .. eso lo tengo que verificar para el TT . Todos estos accesorios se encuentran en USA en las tiendas de jardineria.. me imagino que en Espania tambien , en el area donde se tengan accesorios para sistemas de riego por goteo... y el precio de la instalacion practicamente gratis!!!!

Ya pondre mas info sobre el TTDA una vez lo tenga instalado ;)

Un saludo amigos y felcies festas!!!

Robo

Editado por Robo BeasTT
Enlace al comentario

Franki.. si te pasas por el foro de Inglaterra > www.ttforum.co.uk ... me parece que has algunos preparadores ingleses que ya hacen preparaciones bastante buenas para el 3.2 ... eso si , limitando el par del coche pero dando cifras bastante buenas....

Pasate por ese foro e informate que seguro hay cosas muy buenas para tu coche. .... algo costosas pero efectivas!!!!

Un saludo y felices fiestas!!!

Robo

Enlace al comentario

Hombre Robo!!! ya estas por aqui ??? :D Espero q todo bien!!! Aunque ya veo q si, y por lo q veo tambien traes novedades :D ehhhh!!!No me fastidies q era para ti el TTDA Ya me diras q tal va ese TTDA!!! Tengo una gran curiosidad para saber q tal va .

Hace tiempo q me viene rondando por la cabeza la idea del TTDA, y aunque sabes lo q opino al respecto sobre estos sistemas, el hecho de q sea de TTSchwing me da cierta confianza en este airbox.De todas maneras, no quiero ser demasiado optimista, q luego la desilusion es mayor :D . Sobretodo sabiendo q en USA los bancos de prueba se rigen por unas normas menos restrictivas q las Europeas q es igual a mas CV y par motor.

Como siempre espero tu opinion sobre el TTDA para sadisfacer mi curiosidad. ;):D

Por cierto, tambien tengo una novedad, :D empieza por R y acaba por O y es de 4 letras :lol::lol: Me imagino q ya sabes de q va verdad??? :D Es por una antigua deuda :D

Enlace al comentario

Lo de la TTDA es interesante, pero es muy parecida al sistema que llevabas de TWISTER GREEN+MANGUERAS DE REFRIGERACION ¿no? solo que la manguera manda el aire a la airbox y la TTDA la manda a lo que sería un "twister casero"??

es asi o me he liado??si es asi..¿no se podria enchufar una manguera de aire o una entrada de aire al twister de green?

estoy un poco lila en esto...

un saludoooo

PD:la TTDA son $250 US más luego aparte te tienes que comprar los tubos de silicona? uf....una pasta ;)

a ver si la tienes lista para entero Robo!

Enlace al comentario

PSQ, en el TTDA te viene todo, mangueras soportes...todo!!!!Menos montaje claro!! ;) Incluso el envio esta incluido..si no recuerdo mal...!!!!

Piensa q el TTDA esta especialmente desarollado para el TT, y de casero tiene bien poco, ya quisieran muchos fabricantes de airboxes tener la calidad q tiene el TTDA. Date una vuelta por el Audiworld.com y lee

las opiniones de usuarios de TTDA. No voy a decirte el curiculum de TTScwing, pero basta con q busques por este foro y encontaras muchas referencias de sus mod´s hechos en nuestros TT´s. Con esto no quiero decir q sea la "panacea" en airbox, pero q tiene muchas posibilidades de ser un producto realmente bueno y sobretodo desarollado exclusivamente para el TT.

Enlace al comentario

Hola JeTT : todavia estoy en Mexico , pero esto del internessss es la fregoneria como decimos por aqui... :D ... lo de la palabra de las cuatro letras no caigo amigo :( ... refrescame mi saturado cerebro ja ja ja!!!!

Debo decir que el TTDA viene sin mangueras :( .... pero estas mangueras no son muy caras.. sobre 30 euros unos 2 metros o algo asi.. ademas no necesita soporte alguno ya quese asientaperfectamente en el hueco de la caja original.. aunquese le puede pasar un brida que pase por el agujero de la pestania de sujeccion de la caja original...

En efecto es un sistema parecido al Green Twister y aunque la funcion es la misma el TTDA lleva dos mangueras de induccion en vez de una, tiene un filtro K&N de mucho mayor tamanio y la caja lleva por fuera carbono, luego un especie de madera o resina aislante y dentro una especie de tela asfaltica totalmente aislante... por lo que el calor no entra por nada !!! el Green Twister lleva una manguera nada mas, es mucho mas pequenio y la carcasa exterior es de metal... con lo que el calor se transferia facilmente hacia el interior...

El precio no es caro , tomando en cuenta que el euro esta tan fuerte ahora....

Y como bien dice JeTT... de artesanal solo tiene que lo fabrica este tio .. pero tiene un curriculum mas que elaborado en los Estados Unidos ademas de que lleva trabajando en temas de mecanica (sobre todo motos) mas de 30 anios... el sistema lo ideo para su coche originalmente y funciono tan bien que una persona le pidio uno .. y otra otro.... y asi hasta que llego a producirlos en serie!!! ja jaja ..

Si el tema funciona tan bien como se ve ya les dire :rolleyes:

Un saludo a todos y FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!

PD . Nos veremos en enero :)

Robo

Editado por Robo BeasTT
Enlace al comentario

bueno,me habeis convencido...¿alguien va a encargar alguna TTDA?? mi TT es de serie sin repro ni ná,¿le vendra bien? si alguien se anima la pedimos juntos

se la pido a TTSwiching directamente? precio total(es que pone en uno 250 y en otro sitio 285)? cómo? teneis su e-mail o algo?

un saludoooo

PD:animaos que el euro está en maximos!!

Enlace al comentario

PSQ .. yo de todas formas te recomendaria esperar un poco a que yo instale el mio en Madrid y haga pruebas para saber si en efecto vale la pena pillarselo...

De ser asi seguramente mas de uno querra meter un TTDA es su coche.. de hecho han instalado TTDAS en Seats y VWs .....tu coche al ser un 180 me parece que tiene el hueco ideal para bajar las mangueras de induccion en donde el 225 lleva otro intercooler .. asi que no deberias tener muchos problemas.. el tema esta jodido cuando se desea instalar en un 225 stock....yo como llevo un IC frontal pos no tengo ese problema :rolleyes:

Tienes que tomar en cuenta que el precio del TTDA son 250 mas gastos de envio... osea 285 dolares (mas o menos) ... mas aparte las mangueras de induccion y sobre todo : AL ESTAR EN ESPANIA LOS cab***ES DE ADUANAS TE PUEDEN COBRAR IMPUESTOS!!!! creo que sobre el 16% del importe total del producto. Ventaja en este caso: como Steve Schwing es una persona fisica te puede enviar el paquete como si fuera tu primo o tu abuelo o quien sea.. no hay factura de por medio y aduana no tiene porque tocar las narices...

Ademas si piden varios en conjunto se repartiran los costes de envio....

Esa es mi opinion.. pero si de todas formas quieres contactar con Steve Schwing este es su mail : steve@ronayersmotorsports.com

Suerte y a por ello !!!

Robo

Editado por Robo BeasTT
Enlace al comentario

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.