Alfa Romeo Visconti By Giugiaro

NeverMinds

Publicaciones recomendadas

Alfa Romeo Visconti Giugiaro's vision for an Alfa Romeo sports flagship

“An Alfa Romeo flagship that moves beyond the conventional”. That’s how Giorgetto Giugiaro photographs the Visconti, the concept car he created in sheer freedom, just like he did two years ago with the Brera coupe.

“The Alfa Romeo is a Marque that made a strong impression on my Designer career. The first series-produced car I designed was the Alfa 2000 Sprint. Italdesign itself was created to give life to the Alfasud project.

Over now what must be almost a career span of fifty years, I found myself designing cars on more than one occasion for the “Biscione” Carmaker, sometimes by way of contract, and sometimes in sheer freedom”.

“For the 2004 Geneva Motor Show, I thus decided to give the shape that I felt more fitting for an Alfa flagship. Not a traditional 4-door three-volume sedan, but an almost two-volume great sports car, with a downward sloping shaped tail-end”.

The ultimate outcome is known as Visconti, a name chosen in honor of a Milan family ancestry, the coat of arms of which represents the Alfa Romeo marque.

An almost coupe almost 5 meters long

At a first glance, the Visconti appears almost a 4-door coupe, albeit the dimensions, which touch upon five meters in terms of length, are those typical of a flagship.

The front is extremely plastic and very balanced in its modeling. In the plan view the front-end, weaving from an important wheel-arch, rounds towards the Alfa Romeo grille thereby becoming a characterizing element embedded in a single curve. The front optic units are designed with flowing movement and elegance. The rear fenders are a key element, placing in evidence the modeled upper section which narrows significantly thereby highlighting these majestic fenders.

However, this architecture never before seen in the panorama of contemporary production is not entirely new to Giugiaro who, back in 1993 with the Bugatti EB 112, had theorized a great two-volume sports sedan.

As explained by Giugiaro: “The EB 112 was a true source of inspiration for the tail-end shape. However, as time passed, the design became so intermeshed with Alfa Romeo suggestiveness that any train of thought to the Bugatti disappeared, thus becoming a coherent evolution of the lines and spirit of the Brera”.

“The proportions of the Visconti are indeed substantially diverse, as is the mechanical arrangement, a V6 rather than a V12 engine. Placed clearly in evidence is a more advanced interior compartment than on the Bugatti, with the windshield base becoming almost level with the center of the wheel. The downward sloping tail-end becomes one to itself, all-embracing and underscored by the powerful strength of the mighty rear fenders”.

TECHNICAL FEATURES

Length 4955 mm

Width 1896 mm

Height 1474 mm

Wheelbase 2825 mm

Front track 1595 mm

Rear track 1615 mm

Front overhang 1064 mm

Rear overhang 1066 mm

Boot volume 458 dm3

Engine V6 3.2 Twin Turbo - JTS - VCPh -

hp 405/6000 rpm - Nm 680/2000 rpm

Chassis Premium Platform, Alfa ARC suspension, AWS, AirMod.

Drive VDC - Torsen C all wheel drive

Gearbox 6-speed automatic with hydraulic converter

Brakes Brembo CCM

Monolithic caliper 8 titanium pumping elements

Tyres Front/Rear Asymmetric Red PZero 255/50/ZR219 Pirelli

Rims BBS

9.5" x 19" front

10" x 19" rear

03gv.jpg

04aw.jpg

016sd.jpg

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

Vaya....este si que me gusta un webo.... :unsure: sobre todo la trasera.... ;)

Pero este no tiene ni punto de comparacion con el 159....parecen el dia la noche... :cfsd1:

Bueno....parece que si Alfa sacara este al mercado daria un buen salto....pero al final pasa como con todos....son conceptcars y esos coches solo van de salon a salon.... :huh:

Saludos

Enlace al comentario

Ummmm....en la primera foto se me parece al nissan Z350.

Y el concepto de coche me parece que va a por el CLS de mercedes.

Por lod emas...como casi todos los alfa romeo....precioso...pero donde se ponga el GT....... ;)

Enlace al comentario

La trasera clarísimamente está inspirada en Porsche... tiene un aire.. al menos a mi me lo ha recordado. El coche muy bonito, muy fino y elegante, a la vez q tiene un toque deportivo con esos escapes y esos ensanches en los pasos de rueda.

P.D.: La mujer... ejem... no comments... jajaja!!!

S2! :wub:

Enlace al comentario

La trasera clarísimamente está inspirada en Porsche... tiene un aire.. al menos a mi me lo ha recordado. El coche muy bonito, muy fino y elegante, a la vez q tiene un toque deportivo con esos escapes y esos ensanches en los pasos de rueda.

P.D.: La mujer... ejem... no comments... jajaja!!!

S2! :flwrs:

Sip la parte trasera tira un aire a Porsche, aunque la piva me da que es de clara inspiración italiana :(

Enlace al comentario

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.