TUTORIAL- RETROFIT AUDI SOUND SYSTEM (ASS) A4 B9 SEDAN Y AVANT

McMahon

Publicaciones recomendadas

hace 46 minutos, blass6 dijo:

Para sacar la jaula hay q desmontar igualmente la guantera, en mi caso es más grande el mmi q el hueco q tiene la guantera, osea, no sale de ninguna de las maneras. Puesto a sacar con extractores el mmi una vez q tenga desmontado la guantera ya da igual, es mejor soltar el soporte del mmi, y como os digo, y más de uno de aquí q hemos puesto cámara o altavoces, sueltas el soporte y ya tienes todo para manipular. Como creo que va sobre el tema de audio, saca el conector de put*madre. 

A ver, lo de sacar la guantera es algo que no dudamos y que desmontar la jaula es más cómodo para trabajar, desde luego. El problema que ha tenido es no poder desmontar la jaula ni forzándola ( cosa rara ) y mi alternativa era extraer la unidad MMI. Y sí, yo también hice el retrofit del ASS y me metí en ese berenjenal, con el añadido de desmontar unos asientos traseros no abatibles, adaptar a mano con cutter la bandeja y tal...

De sonido no controlo tanto. Sé que con el ASS he ganado muchísimo y se oye muy bien; pese a la carencia del regulador de subwoofer, que hace que en general el sonido suene con cierto bass en general. ¿El sub se lo pusiste aprovechando tu instalación o te hiciste una nueva?

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

• Respuestas 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, blass6 said:

No se bien si os referís a A4B9, me pierdo con el inglés (audisport Ibérica), pero no hace falta utilizar nada para sacar la jaula donde va alojado el mmi, tiene dos tornillos, uno a cada lado, y luego tiene dos tetones, que empujando la jaula hacia arriba y hacia adelante sale todo. Estáis haciendo referencia a esto? 

Sorry for using English. I could use google translate to turn my text into spanish, but I think it would be a problematic translation. You guys here have the best guide for retrofitting the Audi Sound System, that's why I am seeking advice here.

As for my issue, yes, the glovebox was fully removed, and then I removed two bolts from the MMI bracket. I could see that there were also 2 black  plastic screws that were expanding upwards and holding the MMI bracket , but those were not possible to unscrew as the plastic expands. Should I pay more attention to trying to push those  2 plastic screws downwards to get the bracket free? I worry that I might break something...

Enlace al comentario

EN

I found the same plastic screw when i was disassembling the security belt in the backseats. To pull out the belt i managed to  pressing the plastic screw with my fingers while putting out slowly the belt to avoid the screw to expand.

ES

Encontré el mismo tornillo de plástico cuando estaba desmontando el cinturón de seguridad en los asientos traseros. Para sacar el cinturón logré presionar el tornillo de plástico con los dedos mientras extendía lentamente el cinturón y así evitar que el tornillo se expandiera.

Enlace al comentario

hace 21 horas, Shadax dijo:

A ver, lo de sacar la guantera es algo que no dudamos y que desmontar la jaula es más cómodo para trabajar, desde luego. El problema que ha tenido es no poder desmontar la jaula ni forzándola ( cosa rara ) y mi alternativa era extraer la unidad MMI. Y sí, yo también hice el retrofit del ASS y me metí en ese berenjenal, con el añadido de desmontar unos asientos traseros no abatibles, adaptar a mano con cutter la bandeja y tal...

De sonido no controlo tanto. Sé que con el ASS he ganado muchísimo y se oye muy bien; pese a la carencia del regulador de subwoofer, que hace que en general el sonido suene con cierto bass en general. ¿El sub se lo pusiste aprovechando tu instalación o te hiciste una nueva?

Se lo hice yo, este es el 8 altavoces, puse un rebec r6 en el pilar debajo de guantera y el subwoofer autoamplificado, es otra historia. 

Prueba a poner un filtro a ese subwoofer, verás que cambia todo 

Enlace al comentario

hace 6 horas, mulder85 dijo:

Sorry for using English. I could use google translate to turn my text into spanish, but I think it would be a problematic translation. You guys here have the best guide for retrofitting the Audi Sound System, that's why I am seeking advice here.

As for my issue, yes, the glovebox was fully removed, and then I removed two bolts from the MMI bracket. I could see that there were also 2 black  plastic screws that were expanding upwards and holding the MMI bracket , but those were not possible to unscrew as the plastic expands. Should I pay more attention to trying to push those  2 plastic screws downwards to get the bracket free? I worry that I might break something...

Puedes hacer una foto?, es que esos plásticos, si son lo que creo, son guías de sujeción, pero creo que tienen un pequeño recorrido y luego salen hacia adelante, en teoría salen bien, no debes romper nada, pero no hay que hacer fuerza bruta, haz fotos a ver si es que el mio es diferente 

Enlace al comentario

No contesto en inglés porque tengo que traducir con Google, y como siempre estoy fuera de casa uso el móvil, para mi es un poco tedioso estar traducido.

Perdona 

Enlace al comentario

Hello,

Just to give my update:

I managed to get through the little MMI unlocking issue after all. Turns out, if you unscrew the bolts that are holding the MMI bracket, you just need to use a little bit of back-forth movement and pinching those plastic expanding screws with your fingers, to fully release it, just like @Shadax said. So thanks for that tip.

Now as for my experience of the installation (It is 80% done by now, but I am not expecting any issues).

1) In my case, strangely, sound started coming out of the central speaker and subwoofer even before I did the bit 5 & 6 coding. And they were not enabled. In any case, I went to OBD11 and enabled the bits as per the guide, to be sure. But it is a bit odd that those extra channels were already active without their bits being enabled, don't you think?

2) I also got this sound scheme like most others, where the Subwoofer plays almost the entire range of the frequencies. Obviously it excels at low frequencies, but still I can hear a lot of stuff that would normally go to to tweeters or mid-range. Based on previous posts about the need to use VCP or not to parameterize the 5F unit for ASS, do we know if doing the VCP thing or going to the dealership for coding, would change the sounding parameters of all the speakers, in a more balanced way? I wonder if it is worth doing that.

3) Did you guys get any additional option in the sound settings, after this retrofit?I know that the subwoofer option is gone , but should I be getting a "Focus" option? I did not get any.

Once again, thanks very much for this elaborate guide on this important retrofit, and the exchange of ideas on the topic.

Enlace al comentario

hace 16 horas, mulder85 dijo:

EN

1) In my case, strangely, sound started coming out of the central speaker and subwoofer even before I did the bit 5 & 6 coding. And they were not enabled. In any case, I went to OBD11 and enabled the bits as per the guide, to be sure. But it is a bit odd that those extra channels were already active without their bits being enabled, don't you think?

ES

... ( Resumen ) Al conectar los altavoces nuevos éstos suenan sin haber codificado absolutamente nada. No es extraño?

EN

That's the regular behavior en our model. It seems that the channels are already active and when you plug the new spearkers they sounds w/o activation.

ES

Ese es el comportamiento habitual en nuestro modelo. Parece que los canales ya están activos y cuando enchufas los nuevos spearkers suenan sin activación.

EN

2) I also got this sound scheme like most others, where the Subwoofer plays almost the entire range of the frequencies. Obviously it excels at low frequencies, but still I can hear a lot of stuff that would normally go to to tweeters or mid-range. Based on previous posts about the need to use VCP or not to parameterize the 5F unit for ASS, do we know if doing the VCP thing or going to the dealership for coding, would change the sounding parameters of all the speakers, in a more balanced way? I wonder if it is worth doing that.

ES

... ( Resumen ) El subwoofer no actúa como tal y reproduce de todo incluyendo el bass. Si codifico en algún concesionario o lugar especializado con VCP sonará más equilibrado y mejor? Vale la pena?

EN

Absolutely. If you don't code the ASS you will be hearing the speakers and the subwoofer, but it will sound with infinitely worse sound quality than if you encode it with VCP. I recommend it because and I had the same experience.

ES

Absolutamente. Si no lo codificas estarás escuchando los altavoces y el subwoofer, pero te está sonando con una calidad de sonido infinitamente peor que si lo codificas con VCP. Te lo recomiendo porque y tuve la misma experiencia.

EN

3) Did you guys get any additional option in the sound settings, after this retrofit?I know that the subwoofer option is gone , but should I be getting a "Focus" option? I did not get any.

ES

... ( Resumen ) Habéis obtenido alguna opción adicional en la configuración de sonido? Sé que el control del sub ha desaparecido pero... Debería haber obtenido la opción "focus"? No me ha salido nada.

EN

If you don't code, nothing will appear. When you encode, you will probably see the "Effects" option that will allow you to activate the sound effect for the front speakers or the entire car.

ES

Si no codificas no te aparecerá nada. Cuando codifiques probablemente te aparezca la opción "Efectos" que te permitirá activar el efecto de sonido para los altavoces de delante o bien todo el coche.

---------------

P.D.: Espero haberme explicado bien; hacía tiempo que no escribía tanto inglés 😅.

*EDIT* He traducido los textos al español para que la gente pueda entender de qué estamos hablando. Es bien cierto que es un foro Español, pero bueno... Si podemos echarle un cable a otras personas, mejor.

Editado por Shadax
Enlace al comentario

Thanks again for the explanations @Shadax

It seems now that the retrofit is completed successfully, I will need to get some more money out of my pocket to improve the sound quality via VCP/dealership coding, . Kufatec are selling the dongle for 150 EUR, so I will also ask at a local dealership and I think their cost will be lower, so I will probably do it there.

I should also stop posting in english, as it seems to be upsetting/confusing people. Thanks again for all the help to everyone, I will make sure I pass on the knowledge on to anyone who needs it. 🙂

Enlace al comentario

16 hours ago, mulder85 said:

Thanks again for the explanations @Shadax

It seems now that the retrofit is completed successfully, I will need to get some more money out of my pocket to improve the sound quality via VCP / dealership coding,. Kufatec are selling the dongle for 150 EUR, so I will also ask at a local dealership and I think their cost will be lower, so I will probably do it there.

I should also stop posting in English, as it seems to be upsetting / confusing people. Thanks again for all the help to everyone, I will make sure I pass on the knowledge on to anyone who needs it.🙂

Care with dealers. They did software upgrade and my Lane Assist and other tunes were gone. When I asked them, they said, thats part of their routine, to only enable factory features. So I opted for Kufatec dongle, as if I would have to cash out 100EUR after each update, its much easier to pay once for Kufatec and you can reuse that after upgrades. Mine should arrive tomorrow, will tell if it works. 

P.s. Im also one of those, who lost all controls after doing long coding. Kinda sucks. Sorry for post in English.

Enlace al comentario

17 hours ago, edzz said:

Care with dealers. They did software upgrade and my Lane Assist and other tunes were gone. When I asked them, they said, thats part of their routine, to only enable factory features. So I opted for Kufatec dongle, as if I would have to cash out 100EUR after each update, its much easier to pay once for Kufatec and you can reuse that after upgrades. Mine should arrive tomorrow, will tell if it works. 

P.s. Im also one of those, who lost all controls after doing long coding. Kinda sucks. Sorry for post in English.

Thanks, it's good to have this advice. The 150+20 (shipping) fee from Kufatec seems quite extravagant though. I need to visit the dealership for an issue with my Connect subscription ( no colored traffic showing on map), so I will ask them what it costs top do the ASS coding too and then I will decide which solution is best. From what I understand, having the correct coding enhances your experience with the audio by a good amount, compared to not-encoded.

Enlace al comentario

Für mich habe ich kein Problem, da es in Englisch geschrieben ist, das liegt beim Moderator, aber ich muss immer noch mit Google übersetzen. Wenn es Fehler in der Übersetzung gibt, spielt es keine Rolle, dass die Person, die Informationen anfordert, dies durch Übersetzen tut tb. Es ist möglich, dass diejenigen, die sich mit Elektronik auskennen, übereinstimmen, dass sie Englisch sprechen
Enlace al comentario

En 26/4/2021 a las 17:03, edzz dijo:

Thanks to McMahon for great guide and Shadax for quite a few interesting posts which helped with deciding on procuring Kufatec dongle.

En 27/4/2021 a las 11:01, mulder85 dijo:

Thanks, it's good to have this advice. The 150+20 (shipping) fee from Kufatec seems quite extravagant though. I need to visit the dealership for an issue with my Connect subscription ( no colored traffic showing on map), so I will ask them what it costs top do the ASS coding too and then I will decide which solution is best. From what I understand, having the correct coding enhances your experience with the audio by a good amount, compared to not-encoded.

EN

So glad that you have solved your doubts! It's a pleasure to help you but, from now, try to speak in Spanish (you can use Google Translator if necessary)

ES

Me alegra que tengáis las dudas solventadas. Es un placer ayudaros pero a partir de ahora tratad de hablar en Español ( podéis utilizar el Google Translator si fuese necesario ).

Enlace al comentario

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.